FULL DISCRIPTION OF INSERVICE TRAINING CONTENTS
Residential course in Lisbon - Portugal.
start: September Monday 24 at 9:00 am
• end : September Friday 29 at 16:00 pm
= 28 contact hours
Delegates will be asked to write a short case study prior to the course. They will get access to the SharePoint.
- are aware of evidence based principles of effective professional learning
- reflect on how they can apply the evidence based principles of effective professional learning in the context of their school
- are aware of several learning strategies that support effective professional learning (coaching, plc’s, practitioner inquiry…)
- reflect on how they can apply learning strategies in the context of their school
- are aware of the kind of leadership needed to realise an effective policy within their school: integrated leadership which is a combination of collaborative leadership that supports instructional leadership
- reflect on how they can apply the principles of integrated leadership in the context of their school
• - visit a school in the context of the Portuguese education system
• - get information on how the Portuguese school (Vialonga) realises a policy on professional learning
We apply the ‘practice what you preach’ principle. The team will apply the evidence informed principles underlying effective professional learning.
An e-learning environment (SharePoint) is at the disposal of participants.
certificate of attendance
€ 950 including:
tuition fee € 350
hotel half board single room (six nights), breaks, lunch, meeting room € 600
extra night € 100
AGREEMENTS WITH THE PARTICIPANT
the organiser will foresee the following things.
• Location, catering, day and hour of starting and ending, number of tutors;
• The programme of the professional learning day by day and the number of contact hours;
• The preparation of the participants to participate;
• The syllabus;
• The follow up of the IST via SharePoint;
• The price of the IST, (tuition fee and accommodation.)
• The learning needs of the participant(s);
• The operational objectives;
• The way of learning;
• The methodology;
• Sharing documents and learning experiences by using SharePoint.
INSTITUTIONS ORGANISING THE COURSE
Agrupamento de escolas de Vialonga
Rua Gago Coutinho
• any cancellation made in the 4th until the 2nd week before the start of the course will result in the payment of 50% of the invoice by the participant.
• any cancellation made one week before the start of the course will result in the payment of 70% of the invoice by the participant.
• cancellation at the beginning of the course (no show) will result in the payment of the total amount of the invoice by the participant.