FULL DISCRIPTION OF INSERVICE TRAINING CONTENTS
2 day-study visit:
On Wednesday 16.00 we meet at the hotel:
- Welcome session and getting to know each other.
- Presentation of the full program
Thursday: visit of Torriano Primary School
Friday: visit of Netley Primary School
The focus of the visit is on:
- Dealing with diversity (e.g. multilingualism, cultural diversity, diversity in learning)
- Using diversity to enhance learning of children and educators
- Curriculum-items such as philosophy with children, the global goals and citizenship
- The work of Woodlands, the resource center for autism at the campus of Netley and how collaboration happens between special education and the mainstream school.
- The collaboration with parents, families and the community
- The use of data, e.g. for inspection.
Participants have small meetings with children, teachers and parents.
After each day participants reflect on what they learned.
Participants will get access to the SharePoint on which there wil be materials available.
- Learn about super diversity in all aspects and how this can be an asset in the classroom.
- Learn about collaboration systems between a special school (Robson House, a special school for children with emotional and social problems) and the mainstream school
- Visit 2 schools and a resource center for autism.
- Visit a learning and consulting center
- Reflect on what they experience and share with colleagues
The methodology of the course is based on the constructivist learning principle, which allows for active and interactive participation, as a result of which participants will be able to integrate new knowledge, understanding and skills into their existing repertoire. At the end of the day, we organize reflection groups that reflect on the visits.
An e-learning environment (SharePoint) is at the disposal of participants. This will enable them to keep in touch with the organizor and with other participants after the course.
Europass Mobility certificate – Certificate of attendance including description of objectives.
€ 750,00 including half board single room, tuition fee, 2 lunches in school and oystercard with 1 day travel.
INSTITUTION ORGANISING THE TRAINING
Vzw Nascholing in het katholiek onderwijs
ORGANISER OF THE TRAINING
Telephone: 0032 486 108 958
• Any cancellation made in the 4th until the 2nd week before the start of the course will result in the payment of 50% of the invoice by the participant.
• Any cancellation made one week before the start of the course will result in the payment of 70% of the invoice by the participant.
• Cancellation at the beginning of the course (no show) will result in the payment of the total amount of the invoice by the participant.