FULL DISCRIPTION OF INSERVICE TRAINING CONTENTS
6 day-study visit:
On Sunday-evening we meet at the hotel:
- Welcome sessions and getting to know each other.
- Presentation of the full program
- Facts about Finland and Oulu
- A welcome dinner
Monday – Thursday:
- Full day at the Department of Education and Culture of the City of Oulu.
- Visit of the Valteri Learning and Consulting Center in Oulu with the focus on inclusion and collaboration models with local schools
- Visits of several schools, all levels with the focus on teaching in Finland, curriculum reforms, inclusion, vocational training, and so on
- Visit of the teacher training college at the University of Oulu
- We have a farewell dinner on Thursday evening.
- Breakfast meeting with several principals.
- End of the visit
After each day participants can reflect in small groups on what they learned.
Participants will get access to the SharePoint on which there will be materials available.
- Learn the principles of the Finnish educational system
- Visit schools of different levels
- Visit a learning and consulting center
- Visit teacher training college
- Reflect on what they experience and share with colleagues
The methodology of the course is based on the constructivist learning principle, which allows for active and interactive participation. As a result participants will be able to integrate new knowledge, understanding and skills into their existing repertoire. At the end of the day, we facilitate reflection groups that reflect on the visits and report to the group.
An e-learning environment (SharePoint) is at the disposal of participants. This will enable them to keep in touch with the organizor and with other participants after the course.
Europass Mobility certificate – Certificate of attendance including description of objectives.
€ 1.200,00 including half board double room, tuition fee welcome and farewell dinner. The extra price for a single room is € 220,00 for 5 days.
INSTITUTION ORGANISING THE TRAINING
Vzw Nascholing in het katholiek onderwijs
• Any cancellation made in the 4th until the 2nd week before the start of the course will result in the payment of 50% of the invoice by the participant.
• Any cancellation made one week before the start of the course will result in the payment of 70% of the invoice by the participant.
• Cancellation at the beginning of the course (no show) will result in the payment of the total amount of the invoice by the participant.